Did you have a tough time finishing school? Miss out on opportunities other students had? It's okay. We know life doesn't always go to plan. That's why we have special consideration programs which can be used to adjust your selection rank and put you on the fast track to study.
The selection rank is the ranking universities use to assess admission to a course. It includes your ATAR plus any adjustments you're eligible for, such as equity, location or subject adjustments, and can include portfolio assessments and supplementary test results.
Special consideration can take into account your:
- financial situation
- cultural background
- family trauma
- legal issues
- adverse study conditions.
Applying for access schemes
Here's how you'll apply for our access schemes. If you're not sure whether your circumstances could make you eligible for special consideration:
- call on 1800 275 278 to discuss your options, or
- email Access Scheme - Admissions
Students applying through UAC chevron_right
Students applying to Charles Sturt direct to study online chevron_right
Students applying under the Elite Athlete and Performer category chevron_right
Full-time students applying through VTAC (not an Elite Athlete) chevron_right
Non-school leaver students applying direct with Charles Sturt chevron_right
Postgraduate students chevron_right
Charles Sturt is an Elite Athlete and Performer Friendly University
If your competition or training requirements have affected your preparation for study, you may be eligible for special consideration entry.
Who we support chevron_right
We support a range of elite athletes and performers and support staff, including:
- Australian Olympians
- professional sports people
- emerging elite athletes
- elite performers.
If you want to check that you're eligible or if you have any questions, please email us.
How we support you chevron_right
Our dedicated staff can support you while you study as part of the Elite Athlete/ Performer Program.
Many of our members can:
- study their course online
- apply for special consideration for admission
- apply for Elite Athlete and Performer Program scholarships
- get flexibility in their studies, sit exams elsewhere or get assignment extensions
- access tailored study plans and academic support
- use our gyms and sporting facilities
- get free Elite Athlete Program sporting apparel
- access subsidies to compete for Charles Sturt at Uni Nationals events.
How to apply for special consideration for admission chevron_right