Other fees and charges
Get budget-ready for student life. There's always something else to pay for, especially when you're studying at university.
Meals and accommodation costs often make an early appearance in a budget spreadsheet. However, other living expenses also need to be considered.
Living on campus
As a student living on campus, additional costs to think about may include:
- eating out
- social and entertainment expenses
- bills for the internet, utilities, mobile, etc.
- course specific requirements.
Based on what you're enrolled to study, additional costs can range from protective clothing to work materials to computing programs and more.
To get an idea of what these costs might be for you, see the course information section of your chosen degree.
If you are an online student, additional costs may include:
- accommodation, food and travel expenses to attend intensive (residential) schools as part of your course.
An outline of these costs for each session is part of the general intensive school information available from Student Services each session.
Learning in a real workplace is an integral part of many courses at Charles Sturt. Some subjects in your course may include a compulsory or optional workplace learning placement (also known as placements, practicums or work integrated learning). Workplace learning assists your preparation for your future work and career. While on placement you will have opportunity to learn and practice industry specific knowledge and skills and connect with potential future employers and colleagues. To find out if any subjects in your course have workplace learning, check the course page.
You'll need to factor in workplace learning costs to your overall course costs; they're not automatically included. You may be required to undertake workplace learning away from your residential address. You may be required to pay for pre-placement compliance requirements, accommodation near the placement site, travel to and from the placement site, along with food and living costs, uniforms and parking. Depending on your situation, students may even also be required to maintain their home expenses while away.
To help make your workplace learning experience that bit easier, we also have a range of grants and other financial assistance to give you a helping hand. Scholarships are available to assist you to meet the costs of attending placement. For example, you may be eligible to apply for our Professional Placement Equity Grant to help with the cost of workplace learning and a Fares Allowance to help with the cost of travel. And don't forget, you may be able to use your student travel concession to make getting there easier.
All students may be charged for additional university costs such as:
- late fees
- reviews of decision where a student wishes to have a grade reviewed
- requests for documents such as transcripts of academic record, or replacement ID cards
- deferment of enrolment fees
- fines for misconduct
- library fees including special library loans, database searches, and professional library staff assistance
- overdue payments or to replace missing or damaged items
- photocopying/printing, and
- Freedom of Information (FOI) and Privacy fees.
A list of the current costs and fees that apply to these additional expenses can be viewed below.
Accommodation and living expenses
Additional expenses may include:
- accommodation costs, food, bills, and entertainment
- text books
- workplace learning (also known placements) costs may include travel, accommodation, living costs, uniforms and parking
- fee for accommodation and meals during intensive (residential) school (for distance education students). These charges will be advised with the general intensive school information provided by Student Services each session.
- Specific course requirements such as protective clothing, materials and computing programs. Refer to the course information
2022 University fees and charges
As a student, you may need to pay additional fees or charges such as:
- Late fees - full fee paying students, enrolment application amendments or acceptances
- Fees for Reviews of Decision where a student wishes to have a grade reviewed
- Fees for documents and items such as transcript of academic record, or replacement ID cards
- Other fees such as deferment of enrolment, additional assessment, misconduct fine
- Library fees for special library loans, database searches, and professional library staff assistance
- Fines- overdue items, or to replace missing or damaged items
- Freedom of Information (FOI) and Privacy fees
|Tuition Fee-Paying Students|
|Payment Plan Fee||International Onshore||$100.00|
|Late Payment Fee||International Onshore per subject||$50.00|
|Fees for Reviews of Decision|
|Review of fail grade||(where student wishes to have fail grade reviewed N/C)||$0.00|
|Review of grades||(refundable if upheld)||$100.00|
|Late application for a Review of Grade||14 days after receipt of grade (Per subject, non- refundable)||$50.00|
|Review of summative task - where student wishes to have fail grade reviewed||$0.00|
|Review of summative task - where student wishes to have passing grade for specific task reviewed Note: The fee applicable is based on the year of the exam period e.g. for 2017 exam refer to 2017 fees||(refundable if upheld)||$100.00|
|Fees for Documents and Items|
|Current Student Academic Transcript - Digital||$10.00|
|Current Student Academic Transcript - Hard copy||$25.00|
|Alumni Academic Transcript - Digital||$15.00|
|Alumni Academic Transcript - Hard copy||$30.00|
|Alumni Academic Transcript - Charles Sturt Univeristy Predecessor Institutions||$50.00|
|Alumni Replacement Testamur||$100.00|
|Alumni - Second Mailing of Testamur||(where initial mailing has been returned unclaimed)||$20.00|
|Alumni Replacement AHEGS (Graduation Statement)||$40.00|
|Replacement Charles Sturt Card||$25.00|
|Replacement badge||(nursing, medical imaging, midwifery, pre-hospital care)||$25.00|
|Supply of a subject outline from previous sessions||(per subject)||$25.00|
|Subject Material Notes and Readings||at cost|
|Photocopy of examination answer booklets||(per subject)||$25.00|
|Replacement HECS/PELS/CAN liability statement||(per session)||$10.00|
|Special Exam arrangement cancellation fee||$100.00|
|Overseas Exam Centre Levy||(per student, per centre)||$100.00|
|Late Exam Centre Location Change Penalty Fee||$50.00|
|Late application for graduation||$50.00|
|Graduation fee for a student continuing in higher level award course and graduating from lower level articulated course||$200.00|
|Library Charges - Charles Sturt Univeristy Members|
|Core Interlibrary loans||(per request)||$10.00|
|Core Interlibrary loans for academic/research staff and PhD/Masters/Honours students||$0.00|
|Non-Core Interlibrary loans||(Rush, Express, etc)||at cost|
|Bill for replacement of non-returned or damaged items. The Library reserves the right to charge the actual replacement cost. Reduced charges may apply for minor damage to items.||(per item)||$150.00|
|Lost Surface Pro||(per device)||$2,500.00|
|Photocopying/Printing (includes GST)|
|Black & White A4 Single sided||(per page)||13c|
|Black & White A4 Duplex||(per page)||24c|
|Black & White A3 Single Sided||(per page)||26c|
|Black & White A3 Duplex||(per page)||51c|
|Colour A4 Single sided||(per page)||55c|
|Colour A4 Duplex||(per page)||$1.08|
|Colour A3 Single sided||(per page)||$1.10|
|Colour A3 Duplex||(per page)||$2.18|
|Microfilm & microfiche printing||(per page)||22c|
|Maximum fine for proven academic misconduct under the Student Academic Misconduct Rule||$1,000.00|
|Government Information (Public Access) - GIPA|
|Applications for access to information (Section 64 - 67 GIPA Act)||$30.00|
|Processing applications||(per hour)||$30.00|
Discounted charges may be available on the basis of financial hardship or public benefit. Processing charges do not apply for personal information about the applicant.