Education service

The Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) framework, in combination with migration law, sets out certain rights and responsibilities you have as an international student.

International student rights and responsibilities

As an international student at Charles Sturt University on a student visa, your rights and responsibilities are governed by a legislative framework, the Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS).

This legislation applies to you only if you are studying in Australia on a student visa. If you are studying on another kind of visa or studying offshore, you are not subject to these requirements.

The legislation is designed to:

  • protect your interests as a consumer by ensuring that you receive the education you have paid for and have access to appeal and complaint mechanisms

  • ensure that you are provided with support services to help you to succeed academically and to adjust to life in Australia

  • support education providers in monitoring student compliance with student visa conditions and in reporting any student breaches to the Australian Government

Can we help you find what you’re looking for?