Tertiary Access Payment

The Tertiary Access Payment (TAP) is funded by the Government and aims to help students with various higher education costs.

For more information about how to claim the TAP, visit Services Australia


You are eligible for the Tertiary Access Payment if:

  • You’re a year 12 school leaver who meets Australian citizenship or residency requirements
  • You’re from an inner regional, outer-regional, remote or very remote area (defined using the Australian Statistical Geography Standard – Remoteness Area classification)
  • You’re undertaking a Certificate IV or above, at least 75 per cent of full-time study load with a minimum duration of a year, in the year following completion of Year 12 or equivalent
  • You’re studying face to face, or in dual delivery method, for at least part of the course
  • You’re 22 years of age or under at the time you commence your course
  • You relocate to study at an education provider or Regional University Centre at least 90 minutes by public transport from your family home
  • your parent(s) or guardian(s) have a combined income of $250,000 or below (or be exempt from meeting this requirement).

How to apply

Applications can be made through Services Australia

Contact us

If you have any questions about scholarships or commencing study with Charles Sturt, please contact our Future Students team.

Can we help you find what you’re looking for?