International student support scholarship 2020-2021
- Applications open
- Available to:
- Value: 30% fee discount for first two sessions
This scholarship recognises international students whose study plans have been impacted by COVID-19 border closures. The scholarship provides a 30% fee discount for the first two sessions of study: July 2020 & February 2021, or February 2021 & July 2021. See full eligibility details below.
Awarded to eligible new commencing March 2021 international applicants studying in internal mode at Albury-Wodonga, Bathurst, Orange, Port Macquarie and Wagga Wagga.
Albury-Wodonga, Bathurst, Orange, Port Macquarie and Wagga Wagga.
When will applications close?
Applications are open for March 2021 intakes and until further advice.
Who cannot apply?
- International students studying an online mode course (students on online mode due to COVID-19 restrictions are eligible)
- International students studying via Charles Sturt University’s international partners
- International students at a Charles Sturt University Study Centre
- International exchange students
- Australia Award Students
- Research students
- Continuing students
- Students applying for the following courses:
- Graduate Certificate in Sustainable Agriculture
- Graduate Diploma of Sustainable Agriculture
- Bachelor of Theology
- Bachelor of Theology (Honours)
- Master of Ministry
- Master of Theology
- Bachelor of Education (Technology and Applied Studies)
- Master of Theology (Research)
- Doctor of Ministry
- Doctor of Ministry (Extended)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Arts - By Prior Publication)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Arts - Extended)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Arts)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Education - By Prior Publication)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Education - Extended)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Education)
- Doctor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Criminal Justice (Honours)
- Bachelor of Computing (Honours)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Art - By Publication)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Art - Extended)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Art)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Business - By Publication)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Business - Extended)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Business)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Psychology)
- Bachelor of Exercise Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science (Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging)
- Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science (Radiation Therapy)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Science - By Publication)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Science - Non Lab Based Extended)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Science - Non Lab Based)
- Master of Philosophy (Non Lab Based)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Science - Lab Based Extended)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Science - Lab Based)
- Master of Philosophy (Lab Based)
- Bachelor of Oral Health (Therapy - Hygiene)
- Bachelor of Dental Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Biology / Bachelor of Veterinary Science
Will I be notified that my application has been received?
Your offer letter will detail the scholarship.
Can I be awarded more than one scholarship?
Students awarded this scholarship may not be eligible for other scholarships. Please check with us if you are already a scholarship awardee.
How are applications assessed?
Applicants will be considered as part of their course admissions process. There is no additional application process.
Conditions of scholarship
Scholarship is conditional on the student maintaining satisfactory progression in the course (pass average) between Session 1 and Session 2. Students who transfer out of their regional location at any time will not continue to be awarded the scholarship.
Recipients are expected to become active members of the student body and accept to provide information, testimonials and be featured in Charles Sturt promotional materials.
When will my scholarship be paid?
Scholarships are subject to the student maintaining satisfactory academic progress and continued enrolment in their course. If these conditions are not met, Scholarships may be suspended or terminated. As long as the criteria is met, the scholarship amount will be deducted from tuition fees at the commencement of each session.
Can I defer my scholarship offer?
This scholarship cannot be deferred. This scholarship is exclusive to July 2020 and February 2021 start.
Can my scholarship be suspended or terminated?
Yes, if you fail to meet the criteria for your scholarship. Termination of a scholarship will occur if the recipient is excluded from their course, if the recipient withdraws or cancels their enrolment or if the recipient fails to maintain satisfactory grades over a prolonged period. Scholarships will also be terminated if the recipient transfers to another university or place of study.
Can I apply for an Approved Leave of Absence (ALA)?
For this particular scholarship, an Approved Leave of Absence may cause the scholarship’s termination. Please check with your International Student Liaison Officer for more information.
When will I be notified of my applications outcome?
Your scholarship application outcome will be advised with your offer letter.
How many scholarships are on offer?
The university will award as many scholarships as possible, with an intent to reward every eligible student.
Will I be considered as a commencing student if I am transferring from another CSU course or I am applying with advanced standing?
You may be eligible. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for confirmation.
What are my responsibilities if awarded a scholarship?
You will be required to participate in a number of activities/tasks to promote Charles Sturt University to the wider community:
- Provide photographs of your experience to Charles Sturt staff for use in promotional and marketing items
- Submit an article about your experience with internal and external media groups
- Speak to internal and external media for interview purposes
- Post photos and/or updates through various Charles Sturt University International social media pages
You will also be required to sign a media release allowing your photos and images of you to be used for promotional and marketing purposes.
Where can I get help?
If your question isn’t answered in the information provided on the website, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com for more information.
How to Apply
Your application for this scholarship will be automatically considered by our admissions team when you apply for an eligible course on an eligible campus.
When will applications close?
Applications are open for July 2020 & February 2021 intakes and until further advice.
Need more info?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org