Online Textbook Equity Grant
- Applications for the Session 1 2020 grant will open on 15 Jan 2020
- Available to:
Commencing Students; Continuing Students
- Value: $750 Co-op Bookshop credit
- Duration: one off payment
Equity and Merit Scholarships and Grants
Provides financial assistance to online undergraduate students, to purchase compulsory textbooks to meet course requirements.
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible for this Grant in 2019 you must be:
- studying an undergraduate degree as an active student;
- enrolled in a CSU course as a Commonwealth supported student in a Commonwealth Supported Place. Full fee paying students are not eligible;
- enrolled in all subjects as an online student;
- a commencing or continuing student at CSU in 2019; continuing students must have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher (pass grade average);
- an Australian citizen, a New Zealand citizen, a permanent Australian resident or a student with an Australian permanent visa;
- in financial need:
- in receipt of an eligible means tested Centrelink Benefit (refer to guidelines); or
- able to demonstrate financial hardship.
Please Note: Applicants can only receive this grant once.
Download the 2020 Online Textbook Equity Grant Guidelines [PDF]
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are receiving any other scholarship or grant for the purpose of relocating or accommodation you may not be eligible for this scholarship.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered
A person is considered to be in financial need if they are in receipt of an eligible means-tested Centrelink benefit or are in financial hardship. Supporting documentation will be required to demonstrate financial need.
Yes you can, as long as you log back in and submit your application before the closing date.
It might take up to 24 hours for your email receipt to come through.
Have you checked your spam or junk mail folder?
Did you provide the correct email address?
If you still haven't received the receipt after 24 hours, send an email to email@example.com quoting the application number, your name and student ID.
An email notification will be sent by the outcome notice date, as advertised on the website.
Payments will be made be EFT to your nominated bank account or in some cases onto your student account or by voucher.
You must notify the CSU Scholarship Office immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of details regarding a change in circumstances, CSU may reassess your eligibility.
CSU receives a high volume of applications for scholarships and Grants, meeting the eligibility criteria does not guarantee applicants a scholarship offer.
Forms and Documents
How to Apply
APPLICATIONS OPENING SOON
Applications for the Session 1 2020 grant will open on 15 Jan 2020