Three Rivers University Department of Rural Health Placement Grant
- 26 May 2020
- Applications open
- The current round of applications close on:
04:00pm 2 Dec 2020
- The next round of applications open on:
6 Jan 2020
- Outcome Notice Dates:
- 5 Feb 2020
- 4 Mar 2020
- 8 Apr 2020
- 6 May 2020
- 10 Jun 2020
- 8 Jul 2020
- 5 Aug 2020
- 9 Sep 2020
- 7 Oct 2020
- 4 Nov 2020
- 9 Dec 2020
- Available to:
Commencing Students; Continuing Students
- Value: Varies
- Duration: one off payment
The Three Rivers University Department of Rural Health is part of the Charles Sturt University and aims to improve the recruitment and retention of nursing, midwifery, allied health, dentistry and oral health professionals across the Albury, Dubbo, Griffith, Orange and Wagga Wagga regions. We are funded under the Australian Government's Rural Health Multidisciplinary Training (RHMT) Program. Our Placement Grants assist eligible students travelling away from home for clinical placements within our rural footprint.
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible for this Grant you must be:
- studying as an active student;
- enrolled in one of the eligible courses at CSU;
- an Australian citizen, a New Zealand Citizen a permanent Australian Resident or a student with an Australian permanent visa;
- travelling over 80km (one way) from: (a) your place of residence during university session and (b) your home/origin address to Professional Placement located within the Three Rivers UDRH Footprint (check your postcode). Placements are to be undertaken with external providers only - students undertaking their placement in a CSU supported clinic are deemed ineligible.
- enrolled in a subject for which Professional Placement attendance is compulsory, the clinical practical component of the placement must be a minimum of 28 hours per week over 2 or more consecutive weeks
The value of this grant will vary depending upon your placement, it will be calculated at $200 per week 1-5, $100 per week 6+ to a maximum of $3000. Further information about grant value can be found in the guidelines.
Applications for the 2020 Three Rivers UDRH Placement Grant must be submitted prior to the completion date of the Professional Placement.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are receiving any other scholarship or grant for the purpose of relocating or accommodation you may not be eligible for this scholarship.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered
Yes you can, as long as you log back in and submit your application before the closing date.
It might take up to 24 hours for your email receipt to come through.
Have you checked your spam or junk mail folder?
Did you provide the correct email address?
If you still haven't received the receipt after 24 hours, send an email to email@example.com quoting the application number, your name and student ID.
An email notification will be sent by the outcome notice date, as advertised on the website.
Payments will be made be EFT to your nominated bank account or in some cases onto your student account or by voucher.
Register your bank details with CSU via online administration.
You must notify the CSU Scholarship Office immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of details regarding a change in circumstances, CSU may reassess your eligibility.
CSU receives a high volume of applications for scholarships and Grants, meeting the eligibility criteria does not guarantee applicants a scholarship offer.
No, If your correct details are confirmed in InPlace.
Forms and Documents
- Download and save any forms you require for your application.
How to Apply
Applications are OPEN and will close at 04:00pm 2 Dec 2020