Professional Placement Equity Grant
- Session 1 Applications will open on
5 Feb 2020
and close at 09:00am 4 Nov 2020
- Available to:
Commencing Students; Continuing Students
- Value: up to $50 - $100 per week
- Duration: one off payment
Equity and Merit Scholarships and Grants
Provides financial assistance for Workplace Learning (professional placement). The grant is approximately $50 to $100 per week of placement. Grants are not intended to provide an alternative to other forms of income and recipients are not to rely on payment occurring prior to attending their placement.
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible for this Grant you must be:
- Studying an undergraduate degree as an active student;
- enrolled in a CSU course as a Commonwealth supported student (full fee paying students are not eligible);
- enrolled as an internal or online student;
- enrolled as a full time or part time student;
- a commencing or continuing student, continuing students must have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher;
- an Australian citizen, a New Zealand citizen, a permanent Australian resident or a student with an Australian permanent visa;
- in financial need
- in receipt of an eligible means tested Centrelink Benefit (refer to guidelines) or
- able to demonstrate financial hardship.
- undertaking a subject for which Professional Placement attendance is compulsory and the placement must be a minimum of 28 hours per week i.e. a minimum of 4 days of compulsory placement and 1 day of internal classes as per your course structure.
If you are receiving any other scholarships or grants for the purpose of placement, you may not be eligible to receive this grant.
Download the 2020 Professional Placement Equity Grant Guidelines [PDF]
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are receiving any other scholarship or grant for the purpose of relocating or accommodation you may not be eligible for this scholarship.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered
A person is considered to be in financial need if they are in receipt of an eligible means-tested Centrelink benefit or are in financial hardship. Supporting documentation will be required to demonstrate financial need.
Yes you can, as long as you log back in and submit your application before the closing date.
It might take up to 24 hours for your email receipt to come through.
Have you checked your spam or junk mail folder?
Did you provide the correct email address?
If you still haven't received the receipt after 24 hours, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the application number, your name and student ID.
An email notification will be sent by the outcome notice date, as advertised on the website.
Payments will be made be EFT to your nominated bank account or in some cases onto your student account or by voucher.
Register your bank details with CSU via online administration.
You must notify the CSU Scholarship Office immediately by emailing email@example.com. Upon receipt of details regarding a change in circumstances, CSU may reassess your eligibility.
CSU receives a high volume of applications for scholarships and Grants, meeting the eligibility criteria does not guarantee applicants a scholarship offer.
No, If your correct details are confirmed in InPlace.
Forms and Documents
How to Apply
Session 1 APPLICATIONS OPENING SOON
Applications will open on 5 Feb 2020
Login to see your Equity Scholarship and Grant applications