Indigenous Graduation Grant
- Applications for the 2019 grant closed at 09:00am 18 Nov 2019
- Outcome Notice Date:
22 Nov 2019
- Available to:
- Value: $110+
- Duration: one off payment
Equity and Merit Scholarships and Grants
This grant is designed to assist eligible Indigenous students with their graduation costs including gown hire, travel and accommodation.
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible for this Grant in 2019 you must be:
- an Australian citizen, identifying as an Indigenous Australian with Charles Sturt University;
- graduating from an undergraduate or postgraduate degree with Charles Sturt University in the current year;
- graduating as a Commonwealth supported student from a Commonwealth Supported Place; full fee paying students are not eligible;
- in financial need:
- in receipt of an eligible means tested Centrelink benefit (refer guidelines), or
- able to demonstrate financial hardship.
Applicants can only receive this grant once for an undergraduate and postgraduate degree.
Download the 2019 Indigenous Graduation Grant Guidelines [PDF]
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are receiving any other scholarship or grant for the purpose of relocating or accommodation you may not be eligible for this scholarship.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered
A person is considered to be in financial need if they are in receipt of an eligible means-tested Centrelink benefit or are in financial hardship. Supporting documentation will be required to demonstrate financial need.
Yes you can, as long as you log back in and submit your application before the closing date.
It might take up to 24 hours for your email receipt to come through.
Have you checked your spam or junk mail folder?
Did you provide the correct email address?
If you still haven't received the receipt after 24 hours, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the application number, your name and student ID.
An email notification will be sent by the outcome notice date, as advertised on the website.
Payments will be made be EFT to your nominated bank account or in some cases onto your student account or by voucher.
Register your bank details with CSU via online administration.
You must notify the CSU Scholarship Office immediately by emailing email@example.com. Upon receipt of details regarding a change in circumstances, CSU may reassess your eligibility.
CSU receives a high volume of applications for scholarships and Grants, meeting the eligibility criteria does not guarantee applicants a scholarship offer.
How to Apply
The 2019 grant CLOSED at 09:00am 18 Nov 2019
Login to see your Equity Scholarship and Grant applications