Postgraduate Equity Scholarship
- Session 1 Applications open
- Closes: 08:00am 26 Feb 2020
- Outcome Notice Date:
4 Mar 2020
- Available to:
Commencing Students; Continuing Students
- Value: $2000
- Duration: 1 year scholarship (students can reapply each year)
Equity and Merit Scholarships and Grants
Assists students from Equity Groups to study at Charles Sturt University in a Postgraduate (coursework) course
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible for this Scholarship in 2019 you must be:
- studying a postgraduate degree as an active student;
- enrolled in a Charles Sturt University course as a Commonwealth supported student in a Commonwealth supported place. Full fee paying students are not eligible;
- enrolled as a full time student;
- a commencing or continuing student. Continuing students must have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher (pass grade average);
- an Australian citizen, a New Zealand citizen, a permanent Australian resident or a student with an Australian permanent visa;
- in financial need:
- in receipt of an eligible means tested Centrelink Benefit (refer to guidelines) or
- able to demonstrate financial hardship.
Download the 2020 Postgraduate Equity Scholarship Guidelines [PDF]
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are receiving any other scholarship or grant for the purpose of relocating or accommodation you may not be eligible for this scholarship.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered
A person is considered to be in financial need if they are in receipt of an eligible means-tested Centrelink benefit or are in financial hardship. Supporting documentation will be required to demonstrate financial need.
Yes you can, as long as you log back in and submit your application before the closing date.
It might take up to 24 hours for your email receipt to come through.
Have you checked your spam or junk mail folder?
Did you provide the correct email address?
If you still haven't received the receipt after 24 hours, send an email to email@example.com quoting the application number, your name and student ID.
An email notification will be sent by the outcome notice date, as advertised on the website.
Payments will be made be EFT to your nominated bank account or in some cases onto your student account or by voucher.
Register your bank details with CSU via online administration.
You must notify the CSU Scholarship Office immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of details regarding a change in circumstances, CSU may reassess your eligibility.
CSU receives a high volume of applications for scholarships and Grants, meeting the eligibility criteria does not guarantee applicants a scholarship offer.