Vice-Chancellor Travel Grants $450
- Applications open
- Available to:
Commencing Students; Continuing Students
- Value: $450
Students studying undergraduate or postgraduate coursework, receiving academic recognition through the CSU Global program
Eligible programs include international experiences such as: CSU Global Short Term Programs; Conferences; Workplace learning; Internships. Please note: if you are participating in a CSU Global Short Term Program this grant has been deducted from the program fee.
To be eligible to apply you must:
- be studying a CSU Undergraduate or postgraduate (coursework) degree
- be receiving academic recognition for your participation in an eligible CSU Global program
- successfully complete the full requirements of your overseas program and associated CSU study
- not be in receipt of other scholarships/subsidies/grants administered CSU Global
If you are an International student:
- you must not be returning to your country of residence
- you must abide by the conditions of your visa
Being involved in an international study program is an amazing and fulfilling opportunity. In return we ask that you share this experience with others and encourage your peers to explore these life changing opportunities also!
You will be required to undertake a number of activities/tasks whilst on your program and upon your return which will promote CSU Global to the wider community, such as:
- Post photos and/or updates through various CSU Global social media pages
- Provide photographs/videos of your trip to CSU Global for use in promotional and marketing items
- Provide a testimonial about your trip CSU Global for use in promotional and marketing items
- Assist at information sessions/lectures as designated by CSU Global
- Create and deliver a 5 minute presentation of your international experience presentation for promotional purposes. This can be PowerPoint /pod cast /video or other medium
- Submit an article about your experience to internal and external media groups
- Speak to internal and external media for interview purposes
- Assist the International Student Club to organise and run one activity
- Publish a blog whilst undertaking your overseas experience
Students who undertake the following targeted promotional activities may be eligible to receive additional $50 voucher:
You will also be required to sign a media release allowing your photos and images of you to be used for promotional and marketing purposes.
How to Apply
Payment of the Travel Grant will only be made if you submit the following information to CSU Global at least four weeks prior to your departure:
- Written confirmation from your Course Coordinator that you will be receiving credit for your participation in this program
- An official itinerary/e-ticket - showing payment of airfares and information on your return flights, including dates (from the date you depart Australia to the date you return).
- Certificate of insurance (including Product Disclosure Statement PDS) - showing payment of insurance and information on your coverage, including dates (from the date you depart Australia to the date you arrive back in Australia). At a minimum your insurance coverage must include:
- Medical Expenses $500,00
- Repatriation Expenses $15,000
- Personal Liability $1,000,000
- 24hr Emergency Assistance included
The Smartraveller website offers great advice on purchasing international travel insurance.
- A copy of your current passport
- Certificate of online predeparture module completion (including registration through Smart Traveller and Travel Tracker websites) - CSU Global will provide you with the link to the predeparture modules upon request.
- A completed Registration of International Travel [PDF]
Please forward the above paperwork via email to CSU Global